DISTINGUISHED INSTRUCTOR AWARD
Established in 2016, this award aims to recognize teachers who exhibit commitment to teaching, learners, and learning through a variety of measures. This province-wide award attracts both recognition and a financial award of $1,500 for the faculty member or team and $500 for the faculty member’s faculty association.
We are grateful to have Johnson Insurance as the financial sponsor of this award.
Selection at the local level must be completed by the deadline specified in the guidelines.
Instructional Qualities. An instructor may qualify for the Distinguished Instructor Award if he or she demonstrates commitment to learners and learning through a variety of measures including:
● Responds to the individual needs of learners in and out of the classroom by addressing questions in a respectful and timely manner and by respecting the diverse talents and ways of learning.
● Promotes a quality, respectful and positive learning environment by encouraging cooperation among students, and by giving prompt feedback
● Demonstrates innovative teaching and learning strategies, including communicating high expectations and encouraging
● Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of subject matter and strives to keep current in his or her field of expertise.
● Explores professional development opportunities with interest and enthusiasm.
● Models professional attitudes and values.